Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.10.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, R3 has launched Corda Enterprise for businesses while Bancor falls victim to a security breach.
R3 launches Corda Enterprise for corporations
R3 launches Corda commercial version of its blockchain technology with an integrated firewall. The firewall allows the platform to be deployed on corporate data centers while still being connected to a public network.
Bancor falls victim to US$13.5 million hack
The automated liquidity platform was compromised, leading to the theft of US$12.5 million Ether and US$1 million in Pundi X. Bancor provides liquidity through the use of smart contracts, standing ready to make markets at posted prices on their platform.
BitGo adds 57 Ethereum tokens to its custody platform
The digital asset custodian announced the addition of 57 Ethereum based assets to its platform. The company is seeing greater institutional demand for a more extensive offering of digital assets. Institutional investors are looking to purchase baskets of digital assets to diversify their portfolios.
A Quebec court orders the CEO of Plexcorp to transfer C$3.7 million in bitcoin
The CEO of Plexcorp, which allegedly raised C$19 million in an ICO, was ordered to transfer C$3.7 million in bitcoin to a court administrator. Dominic Lacroix complied with the request, initiating the payment in the courtroom.
Around the network
- Sergey Brin says Google ‘failed to be on the bleeding edge’ of blockchain
- French Crypto Wallet Ledger is solving Bitcoin’s biggest flaw for financial giants
- Half of ICOs die within four months after token sales finalized
Through the headlines
- Chart of Century gives Powell gloomy glimpse of trade-war world
- There’s now a real chance the UK won’t get a Brexit deal – here’s what that means for markets
- A U.S. recession indicator flashes red for Leuthold’s Paulsen
- Trump’s Supreme Court nominee is a Washington insider and regulation skeptic
- EU chief Donald Tusk criticizes Trump over his attitude toward European Allies
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address