Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.16.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Oracle officially releases the Oracle Blockchain Cloud Service for enterprises. BlackRock has created a working group to explore digital assets.
Oracle officially launches blockchain as a service platform
The company had been testing the Oracle Blockchain Cloud Service with select companies around the world. The service allows organizations to build and deploy blockchain networks that integrate with existing Oracle software. Oracle leveraged The Linux Foundation’s Hyperledger Fabric and repacked it into a single console allowing for faster set-up and development.
BlackRock creates a working group to explore digital asset market
The world’s largest asset manager will examine the ways to enter the digital asset market. The working group is tasked with exploring the initiatives of competitors and the impacts on its business.
Coinbase exploring options for adding Zcash, Cardano, Stellar, 0x and BAT
The US-based exchange announced on Friday it is exploring the addition of five tokens. The company made public their work on adding Cardano, Basic Attention Token, Stellar Lumens, Zcash and 0x, causing them to rally into the weekend.
Malta-based Palladium launches first regulated convertible coin offering
The company is planning to purchase a European bank, launch a digital asset exchange and develop a clearing and settlement platform. The exchange will use Bittrex’s exchange technology stack.
Around the network
- ‘This is not a passing fad’: CFA exam adds crypto, blockchain topics
- Initial Coin Offerings: Understanding Crowdsale Terms like ‘Soft Cap’ & ‘Hard Cap’
- This website imagines Bitcoin as a bus station and offers some big insights
Through the headlines
- US sales and employment are likely to grow, a survey of economists shows
- China says its second-quarter GDP growth was 6.7%, meeting expectations
- BlackRock CEO Fink says tariff war could spur broad market rout
- Europeans are giving Trump a defiant runaround on trade and security
- Trump sits down with Putin after denouncing past U.S. policy on Russia
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address