Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.30.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Nasdaq holds a closed-door meeting in Chicago with industry stakeholders to discuss regulation and market surveillance.
Nasdaq holds a closed-door meeting to discuss digital asset policy
Nasdaq gathered a group of both traditional and digital asset exchanges in Chicago for a discussion on policing the market. The meeting focused on the future of regulation and the tools necessary to monitor the markets.
DMG Blockchain announces the installation of an 85MW mining facility
The company expects the mining facility to go live in September with 60MW of usable power for mining rigs. The facility will house DMG’s machines as well as additional miners for their Mining-as-a-service offering.
Google removes mining apps from Play Store
Google has banned apps that mine digital assets on mobile phones. Similar to Apple, the company has updated the Play Store’s policies to remove any mobile applications that mine digital assets on users’ phones.
The Japan Virtual Currency Exchange Association propose margin trading limits
The JVCEA, a self-regulatory body, has proposed a 4-to-1 limit on margin trading for digital currencies. The organization believes the lower limit provides better risk control when compared to the existing standard of 25-to-1, borrowed from foreign exchange trading.
Around the network
- IBM trials blockchain platform aimed at banks
- Novogratz’s crypto bank makes belated debut after Bitcoin plunge
- How Paycase Financial Founder Joseph Weinberg is Maturing Canada’s Blockchain Scene
Through the headlines
- Powell to duck Trump jabs and let economy justify Fed Rate pause
- The $500 billion market the world never thought it would see
- Trump threatens government shutdown if Democrats don’t back immigration reform
- Global auto powers plotting response to Trump auto tariff threats
- China temps Britain with free trade, says door to U.S. talks open
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address