Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.05.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, The Maltese Parliament passes digital asset bills into law. Bitmain secures a spot as an EOS block forger.
Maltese Parliament officially passes three digital asset bills into law
The Maltese Parliament passes three bills into law becoming the first country to formally regulate companies in the blockchain, digital asset, and distributed ledger technology industry. The Malta Digital Innovation Authority Act provides a framework for governance while the Innovative Technology Arrangement and Services Act regulates the creation of exchanges and companies.
Bitmain secures a position as EOS block producer
Bitmain has entered into the list of EOS block producers after having secured enough community votes. As of writing EOSAntPool ranks 9th in the list of block forgers with 2.38% of the votes and annual reward of US$2.7 million.
Insurers join the RiskBlock Alliance and will use R3’s Corda platform
Insurance companies including, Chubb, Marsh and Liberty Mutual will join the RiskBlock Alliance to test blockchain use cases. The organization will adopt R3’s Corda platform to integrate data across the industry.
Thailand’s securities regulator will begin screening ICOs on July 16
The country’s ICO framework will be put to the test next week as the nation starts to screen applicants. Thailand’s Securities and Exchange Commission will give priority to ICO portals, online marketplaces that will organize token sales. The ICO portals will eventually be tasked with screening all projects.
Around the network
- Crypto thefts triple, driving growth in coin money-laundering
- Facebook’s crypto ad ban hurt competition. Regulators should scrutinize it
- How Blockchain Technology Could Replace Your Resume
Through the headlines
- UK reels from second nerve agent poisonings, Russia denies involvement
- U.S. tariffs are an ‘unnecessary test’ to Europe’s economic recovery, top finance chief says
- The China-U.S. power struggle is just the beginning
- Trump Twitter risk adds a new wild card to Friday’s jobs report
- NATO Allies push back after Trump scolds them on defense budgets
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address