Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.20.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, the Malta Stock Exchange announces Fintech and Digital Asset Arm to develop an exchange with OKEx.
Malta Stock Exchange unveils Fintech and Digital Asset subsidiary
The Malta Stock Exchange partnered with OKEx to develop a security token trading platform. The platform will be one of the operations that under the MSX’s Fintech and Digital asset arm. OKEx and the MSX are targeting to begin operations in January 2019.
Barclays has filed for blockchain patents related to the transfer of currency and data
The British bank has filed for two patents in the United States about the transfer of currency between to users and a for storing data on a blockchain. The transfer patent describes a system that authenticates the identities of both parties while writing the transaction to the ledger.
Blockchain Ltd. hires former U.S Secret Service agent as global head of cybersecurity
George Sax will be joining U.K based Blockchain Ltd. as global head of cybersecurity. Sax was the former head of the Secret Service Office of Investigations during the 2016 U.S presidential campaign. He will lead the efforts to secure over 26 million digital wallets on the platform.
South Korea’s Financial Service Commission will establish a policy-making body
The South Korean Financial Services Commission will establish the Financial Innovation Bureau to create digital asset policy. The policy-making body will have an initial lifespan of two years.
Around the network
- Oracles: How Blockchains Interact With the Non-Chronological World
- Digital Currency Group’s Silbert buys more bitcoin, says it has ‘hit the bottom for the year’
- Stolen crypto millions paid back for cents on dollar, guaranteed
Through the headlines
- Trump says he’s ‘ready to go’ with $500 billion in tariffs on all China imports
- Trump lays into the Federal Reserve, says he’s ‘not thrilled’ about interest rate hikes
- Putin hedges Trump bet by dumping treasuries to safeguard assets
- Nigeria starts auctioning Yuan as it deepens ties with China
- Russia says Putin, Trump discussed a possible referendum in Ukraine
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address