Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 08.02.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, KPMG study cites blockchain investments in H1 2018 exceeds total investment last year. Coinmarketcap releases API for professionals.
KPMG has released a report on fintech investment globally, including blockchain
KPMG’s research sees blockchain investments in the first half of 2018 exceeding total blockchain investment last year. The company believes there is still venture capital sitting on the sidelines and is optimistic about the growth of the space.
Coinmarketcap has released an API geared towards professionals and institutions
The largest digital asset market tracker has released an API that aggregates data into one offering. The company spent over a month beta testing the product with users before implementation. The product is priced at US$79-US$699 a month.
Coinbase adds British pound deposits and withdraws
The company’s U.K operations have improved its processes to allow for same day withdrawals and deposits. The changes remove an intermediary step where users had to convert to Euro before Sterling.
CoinJar launches Australia’s first digital currency index fund
The Australian exchange, CoinJar, has launched the country’s first index fund. The Digital Currency Fund offers two classes, one that provides exposure only to bitcoin and another with six select digital currencies.
Around the network
- Crypto bulls pile into ICOs at record pace despite Bitcoin rout
- Bitcoin’s use in commerce keeps falling even as volatility eases
- The demise of bitcoin has been greatly exaggerated
Through the headlines
- Bank of England raises interest rate to 0.75% in surprise unanimous vote
- China says it’s ready to retaliate on latest U.S. tariff threat
- Dow set to drop 200 points after Trump threatens China with bigger tariffs
- Tech firms surrender their crucial billion-dollar tax deductions
- NAFTA snub tests Trudeau’s armor against Trump’s aggression
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address