Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 08.07.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Japan’s crypto exchanges to form self-regulatory body; Goldman Sachs is considering custody offering
Japan’s licensed Crypto exchanges formally apply to form self-regulatory body
A group of 16 licensed Japanese exchanges has formally submitted a proposal to create a self-regulatory organization to Japan’s Financial Services Agency. The proposal includes self-regulatory rules that require cryptocurrency exchanges to conduct regular audits, restrict trading on certain anonymous cryptocurrencies, and limits on margin trading.
Accenture files hardware patent to enhance blockchain security and scalability
Accenture, a global management consulting and professional services firm, recently filed a patent which aims to enhance the speed and security of blockchain transactions. The patent filed by Accenture states that it can be implemented in various methods, using different combinations of both software and hardware.
Goldman Sachs is considering custody offering for crypto funds
The American investment bank is considering offering a custody business for crypto funds. Currently, discussions are ongoing and there is no set timeline for when the firm would launch the service. Nonetheless, a formal offering from a major financial institution, like Goldman Sachs, would provide major support for institutional interest in the digital asset space.
Coinbase hires former AWS executive Tim Wagner as VP of Engineering
Tim Wagner, former AWS, and Microsoft executive has been hired to lead Coinbase’s engineering team. Wagner is expected to expand the Coinbase engineering team and build on the company’s infrastructure.
Around the network
- Bitcoin speculators, not drug dealers, dominate crypto use now
- A culture war is brewing between Bitcoin’s old and new money
- The Ledger: Bitcoin meets NYSE, CryptoKitties’ future, Bitmain’s $1B Profit, a McDonald’s Stablecoin?
Through the headlines
- Stock futures rise with S&P 500 inches away from new record
- ‘Fantastically Good’ Canadian economy shifts focus to rate hike
- Beijing ‘will not surrender’ to US ‘trade blackmail,’ Chinese media says
- Trump: Sanctions reinstated against Iran for ‘world peace’
- China stocks are about to get cheaper, analysts say
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address