Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 06.12.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, IDA Ireland launches an initiative to attract blockchain ventures to the country. Wells Fargo bans digital asset purchases with credit cards.
IDA Ireland leads an initiative to attract blockchain development to the country
IDA Ireland, the government body that attracts foreign direct investment, is leading a program to bring blockchain innovation to the nation. The initiative has support from the country’s Department of Finance, Consensys and Enterprise Ireland. Consensys has opened an office in the country and will hire 60 people for an innovation lab.
Wells Fargo bans customers from buying digital assets with credit cards
Wells Fargo joins the list of banks that have banned customers from purchasing digital assets with credit cards. Lenders are increasingly concerned about the credit risk amid a volatile digital asset market.
Litecoin Foundation launches paywithlitecoin.co to support litecoin payments
The foundation continues its push into mainstream use with www.paywithlitecoin.co. The website provides businesses with information on the integration of litecoin into its payment systems.
Coinbase will add Ethereum Classic in the coming months
The US based exchange has announced adding Ethereum Classic to its platform later in the year. Ethereum Classic rallied nearly 20% over the past 24 hours on the news.
Around the network
- Cryptocurrency community needs to get security sorted
- Almost 500,000 people in Switzerland voted for a bitcoin-like financial system
- Crypto boost for U.S. firms loses luster after South Korea hack
Through the headlines
- Trump says North Korea will keep its promises, and the US will stop war games
- Fed meets as inflation and economy get stronger, stirring speculation it could increase rate forecast
- OPEC highlights oil demand uncertainty before crucial meeting
- Paul Tudor Jones says stock market has ability to go a lot higher before the end of the year
- The $1.5 trillion U.S ‘Surplus’ that Trump’s not talking about
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address