Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.11.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Huobi opens trading in the United States, the second country this month. Ethereum Co-founder Joseph Lubin sees Etherum moving forward with scalability.
Huobi launches US trading through strategic partner HBUS
The third largest exchange by volume has opened trading in the United States through its strategic partner HBUS. The platform opened registration last week to residents in select states. The firm has begun trading in two countries this month, with Australia going live last week.
Ethereum Co-founder Joseph Lubin believes Ethereum is moving forward with scalability
In a panel at the RISE Conference, Joseph Lubin cited Plasma as a step forward in Ethereum’s scalability. He believes the network is entering its second phase where new applications will be built on side or off chain mechanisms.
The web browser Opera has integrated a digital wallet solution to its platform
The newest version of Opera has integrated Ethereum’s Web3 API allowing it to interact with the network. The integration allows a wallet to be built into the browser, creating a user-friendly solution and straightforward solution for storing Ether and other tokens.
South Korean Logistics firm Lotte joins Blockchain in Transport Alliance
The Blockchain in Transport Alliance was formed in 2017 to explore blockchain applications in logistics. The BiTA has adopted OriginTrail as its protocol, which was purposely built for supply chain applications.
Around the network
- Canadian Regulators Collaborate with Private Companies on Cryptocurrency Regulation
- Blockchain is coming for the charitable-industrial complex
- Ethereum-based blockchain betting platform Augur just launched. Here’s why it’s not married to Ether.
Through the headlines
- China accuses the US of ‘bullying’ and warns it will hit back on tariffs as trade war talk escalates
- Dow is set to drop 200 points as US-China trade fears intensify
- Poloz likely to hike rates, perhaps dovishly: decision day guide
- OPEC’s oil output jumps in June as Saudi Arabia opens the taps to tame crude prices
- Trump slams Germany at NATO summit: It’s ‘totally controlled by Russia’
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address