Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 06.21.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Genesis Mining offers a new round of Bitcoin mining contracts. Bloomberg has added Huobi’s digital currency index to the terminal.
Genesis Mining offers a new round of Bitcoin mining contracts
The cloud mining company has brought back its popular Bitcoin mining contracts. Customers can purchase contracts for hashing power that last up to 5 years, gaining mining exposure without the capital outlay or maintenance. The last round sold out with three days.
Bloomberg adds Huobi Digital currency market index
Bloomberg has added Huobi’s HB10 index to the terminal. The HB10 index tracks the ten most traded digital assets, taking into consideration market value and liquidity. Huobi has also launched an exchange-traded product that tracks the index.
Microsoft and EY have launched a blockchain platform for royalty management
The companies have developed a platform based on the Quorum protocol to manage royalties and entertainment rights. Royalties are currently calculated, paid and reviewed manually by each party involved. The implementation of a distributed ledger removes the need for verification and allows for accruals for royalty payments as they occur.
The French financial market regulator issues warning on digital asset investments
The Autorité des Marchés Financiers(AMF) has added four digital asset websites to a list of companies offering investments without authorization. The AMF regulates the financial markets in France and ensures the safety of investment products.
Around the network
- Horizons is launching a blockchain ETF
- Following Blockchain Testing, Payments Canada Enlists New VP of Payments and Technology
- Cryptocurrency firm Tether releases law firm report attesting to U.S. dollar reserves
Through the headlines
- Trump’s trade war will soon hit 65% of global business leaders: CNBC survey
- Trump’s Metal Tariffs have yielded more than $775 million so far
- OPEC kingpin Saudi Arabia just ‘threw down the gauntlet’ in its push to ramp up production
- Wild trading day at Deutsche Bank raises questions on risk
- Trump reversal on border policy leaves congress on hook for fix
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address