Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.31.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Galaxy Digital prepares for trading tomorrow on the TSX Venture Exchange. Thomson Reuters has partnered with CryptoCompare to bring digital assets to Eikon.
Galaxy Digital to open trading on the TSX Venture Exchange August 1st
Mike Novogratz’s digital asset merchant bank, Galaxy Digital, will commerce long-awaited trading tomorrow. The firm spent the last eight months to fulfill the requirements for listing amid greater scrutiny.
Thomson Reuters partners with CryptoCompare to bring digital asset data to Eikon
The Canadian media company has announced a partnership with CryptoCompare that will see its data streamed to the Eikon platform. CryptoCompare will integrate order book and trade data for fifty digital assets into Thomson Reuters’ Eikon.
Binance partners with Libra to offer BNB collateralized loans
Binance Labs has entered into an agreement with Libra to issue loans to holders of BNB. The company will use the BMB as collateral against the credit it extends to users. Libra will allow customers to borrow in either fiat or digital assets.
Notable Siacoin developer does a deep dive into Bitmain’s secret mining operation
Hakkane, a well-known independent Siacoin developer, has released a medium post exposing the possibility of secret mining. The developer notes the increasing hashrate of anonymous blocks leading up to the release of Bitmain’s A3 ASIC. Bitmain has categorically denied mining with ASICs before release.
Around the network
- Bitcoin bounces as traders seek silver lining in SEC ETF denial
- Banking giants including Citigroup and Barclays sign up for a trial blockchain project
- SEC’s new crypto czar wants coin industry to step out of shadows
Through the headlines
- Correction worse than February is looming, Morgan Stanley says
- Treasury contemplates how to cut another $100 billion in taxes, mainly benefiting the rich
- Tencent’s $143 billion rout is world’s biggest as tech sinks
- Iran: Trump needs to rejoin nuclear deal if he wants talks
- Manafort and Mueller agree to ditch appeal of civil case hours before criminal trial
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address