Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.17.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, the Financial Stability Board does not see digital assets as a threat to financial stability and has proposed a framework for regulation.
The Financial Stability Board releases report on digital asset impacts on the global financial system
The Switzerland-based Financial Stability Board has proposed a framework for regulation. The international financial watchdog does not believe digital assets pose a risk to global financial stability. It is conducting a survey of major banks across the world to monitor digital asset exposures.
Accenture to implement a Hyperledger solution for Thales Group’s supply chain
Major consulting firm Accenture will update Thales Group’s supply chain infrastructure with Hyperledger. The solution will be able to track, trace and authenticate parts through its entire life from manufacturing to installation.
IBM is exploring a stablecoin pegged to the U.S. Dollar
IBM has partnered with Stronghold to launch a stable coin pegged to the U.S. Dollar. Stronghold USD is a stable coin backed by FDIC insured USD held at Prime Trust. IBM will look at ways to facilitate transfers between financial institutions to process payments more quickly.
Hong Kong Monetary Authority partners with banks to bring trade finance onto a distributed ledger
A group of seven banks including HSBC and Standard Chartered will work with the Hong Kong Monetary Authority to implement a blockchain platform for trade finance. The group aims to update a manual and paper oriented process reducing the risk of error.
Around the network
- Coinbase says it has green light to list coins deemed securities
- Canada’s only actively managed crypto fund is 90% in cash
- Hong Kong regulator, banks launch blockchain-based trade finance platform
Through the headlines
- Japan, EU sign trade deal to eliminate nearly all tariffs
- Bleeding in tech may spur another rush to defense: taking stock
- As cost of trade war grows, farmers remain with Trump – for now
- Trump’s defense of Putin proves too much for some republicans
- Investment in energy fell again in 2017, raising fresh concerns about security and climate change
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address