Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 05.14.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Consensus 2018 launches with panelists speaking on various topics including decentralized exchange, mining and regulatory concerns.
Blockchain week kicks off in NYC with all eyes on Consensus 2018
Market attention has turned to Coindesk’s Consensus conference as members of the digital asset community converge in New York City. Panels cover all topics from regulatory concerns, network governance and mining.
Thailand declares digital tokens and currencies as assets to be regulated by SEC
The country has issued a royal decree declaring digital currencies and tokens as assets. Digital assets will fall under the regulatory mandate of the country’s Securities Exchange Commission. Broker’s must register in order to trade digital assets and anyone that transacts with an unregistered broker could face up to two years in jail and monetary fines.
CFO leaves Commonwealth Bank to join Block.one as COO
Rob Jesudason has resigned from his role as the CFO of Australia’s Commonwealth Bank. He will be joining Block.one, the group behind EOS, as President & COO at the end of the year.
A German online bank, Bitbond, has begun using Bitcoin as a method for loan transfers
The online bank will allow small businesses to borrow up to EUR$50,000 and use the Bitcoin blockchain to transfer funds. The company will borrow in fiat to purchase Bitcoin to facilitate the capital transfer across borders. When the Bitcoin transaction is verified it will then sell the Bitcoin for fiat to lend to its client.
Around the network
- CME Group in deal to offer ether reference rate
- U.S. crypto regulatory fight has everything but rules
- An Explanation of How Gas Fuels the Ethereum EcosystemBlockchain will help ‘drive this next industrial revolution,’ Wall Street bull predicts
Through the headlines
- Israeli forces kill 28 in Gaza protests as anger mounts over US embassy
- Global stocks mixed as Trump softens tone on trade
- Stocks in danger zone because ‘inflation has changed its stripes,’ market watcher Jim Paulsen warns
- The bond market is doing something it hasn’t done since 2007 – and could be signaling a recession
- Get ready for $100 oil as early as next year, says Bank of America
Interested in trading digital currencies? Coinsquare is Canada’s most secure platform for buying and selling Bitcoin, Litecoin, and other digital currencies.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address