Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 06.18.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Coinbase begins testing custodial services bringing institutional access to the digital asset market closer. BIS expresses negative views on Bitcoin in the latest report.
Institutional investors near as Coinbase tests custodial services
Coinbase has begun testing custodial services for a small group of institutional investors. The company joins Circle and BitGo in the race for attaining qualified custodian status in the United States.
BIS publishes a report with negative views on Bitcoin’s environment impact
The Bank for International Settlements released a report contesting Bitcoin’s role as a currency. The organization cites its environmental implications, challenges with scalability and price stability.
Charlie Lee announces the schedule for first Litecoin Summit
The first ever Litecoin Summit will be held in San Francisco on September 14th and 15th. The full schedule of panels and speakers was announced over the weekend. The conference brings together professionals from finance, tax, blockchain and small businesses.
Nvidia adds artificial intelligence startup, Ubex, to its technology incubator
Nvidia has brought Ubex into its Inception Program, an in-house incubator for artificial intelligence and data science startups. Ubex is applying artificial intelligence to advertising and is currently in the middle of a token sale.
Around the network
- Bitcoin could break the Internet, Central Bank overseer says
- Ethereum: What it is and How to Buy Ethereum in Canada
- Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the blockchain
Through the headlines
- Dow set to drop 200 points as trade tensions linger
- Global stocks, oil suffer as U.S-China trade spat heats up
- Investors still love equities but ‘market fragility’ could be ahead in the second half of 2018
- Merkel accepts deadline in Coalition fight over refugees
- Goldman Sachs still sees oil rallying over $80 despite market concerns over key OPEC meeting
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address