Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 05.16.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Venture funding continues with Bitmain leading a capital raise for Circle Financial. Bitcoin Cash completes a network upgrade, and eToro expands operations.
Bitmain leads US$110 million funding round for Circle Financial
The latest round of funding values the company at US$ 3 billion. The two companies will partner in creating USD Coin, a coin fully backed by US Dollars. USDC will leverage the Ethereum network and be issued on an ERC-20 token.
Bitcoin Cash completes network upgrade to 32MB block size
The upgrade announced in November 2017 was completed yesterday to increase the block size from e 8MB to 32MB. The change ensures that an increase in transactions will not be an issue in the future. Concerns mounted over the higher costs of running a node and possible centralization.
eToro will launch US operations with 10 digital currencies
The company recently raised US$100 million and is using the funds to expand into the United States. The company will give users the ability to mimic top performing portfolios on the platform. Participants looking to get on the platform will have to join a waiting list.
LedgerX launches first CFTC regulated Bitcoin savings accounts
LedgerX, a cryptocurrency asset management platform, has launched the first Bitcoin savings account allowing investors to earn a fiat yield their Bitcoin holdings. The company holds both a derivatives clearing organization and swap execution facility registration with the CFTC, signaling an increasing level of sophistication being offered to Bitcoin users.
Around the network
- MLG Blockchain launches digital currency fundraiser for Special Olympics Canada Foundation
- Why Roger Ver is so bullish about Bitcoin cash
- Investors are going to buy bitcoin whether advisor like it or not, says financial pundit
Through the headlines
- JP Morgan’s Wall Street chief talks China, Bitcoin, Amazon, and preparing for an inevitable big downturn in stocks
- North Korea cancels meeting with South Korea, threatens to ditch summit with US over military drills
- Kudlow says NAFTA deal is a test of Trump trade cooperation
- Italy bonds roiled as populists debate $300 billion write-down
- EU leaders explore ways to save Iran economic ties from U.S. sanctions
Interested in trading digital currencies? Coinsquare is Canada’s most secure platform for buying and selling Bitcoin, Litecoin, and other digital currencies.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address