Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 06.11.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, the Canadian regulatory environment gains clarity with a proposal to regulate digital currency businesses under MSB the framework.
The Canadian government proposes regulation for digital currency businesses
Over the weekend, the Canadian government released a statement suggesting the use of MSB regulation for digital currency businesses. The proposed changes would require digital currency businesses to register with FINTRAC and complete KYC & AML policies, procedures, and reporting.
Fidelity Investments is rumored to re-open its digital asset fund
Finance Magnates reports Fidelity Investments is looking to re-open a digital asset fund to provide clients exposure to the asset class. The company shuttered the fund after key people left the company.
South Korean exchange Coinrail falls victim to US$ 40 million hack
The exchange was compromised over the weekend losing US$ 40 million in alternative coins. The company was able to transfer 70% of its assets to cold wallets. Two-thirds of the stolen coins have been tracked to various exchanges with some fund successfully frozen.
Thailand releases new regulations to reverse previous ICO ban
The new regulatory framework identifies strict rules for initial coin offerings. Institutional and ultra-high-net-worth investors will have no cap on their investments but retail investors will be limited to 300,000 Thai Baht or ~C$ 12,000.
Around the network
- Crypto Giant Binance to offer Euro trading pairs this year
- $2.3 billion in losses highlights crypto’s moral hazard
- A new age of Malware – Cryptocurrency mining
Through the headlines
- Ahead of meeting with North Korea, Trump keeps lashing out at allies Canada and Europe
- The Fed has a surprise in store that could mean an early end to interest rate hikes
- Mexico minister calls for ‘flexibility’ in reworking NAFTA
- Here’s how global financial markets may react if the North Korea summit is a success… or failure
- Oil prices slip as US and Russian supplies grow
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address