Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 06.08.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, in an interview with Bloomberg, Bitmain’s CEO considers an initial public offering. The Quebec Government has placed a temporary stay on new mining operations.
Bitmain’s CEO hints at possible initial public offering
In an interview with Bloomberg, Jihan Wu commented on the possibility of going public on a foreign exchange. Bitmain has expanded its operations into artificial intelligence. A public offering will raise capital to fuel the expansion and increase the company’s footprint.
Quebec Government places a temporary halt on mining applications
A ministerial order has temporarily halted Hydro-Quebec from processing applications from miners until a selection process has been put in place. Hydro-Quebec will have to file an application with the Régie de l’Énergie that outlines how it will meet critical concerns.
Allianz and Deutsche Bank partner with Auto1 to offer financing
The three companies have formed Auto1 Fintech to offer insurance and loan refinancing that will be recorded on the blockchain. The company will leverage the public blockchain to allow their network of dealerships to immediately refinance their purchases.
SAP enters blockchain enterprise software with cloud offering
SAP has announced a blockchain as a service platform easing enterprise blockchain implementations. The company has accepted 27 companies across numerous industries into its blockchain program.
Around the network
- How to Read Digital Currency Price and Candle Charts
- Blockchain is critical to the future of data storage – here’s why
- Crypto companies ‘running towards’ regulation is good for bitcoin, analyst Tom Lee says
Through the headlines
- Money Markets see biggest inflows since 2013 in dash for cash
- NYSE comes out swinging in SEC pricing test, pitting itself against major pensions and fund managers
- Republicans skeptical of Trump’s tariff plan ahead of G7 summit
- Exclusive: Malaysia may ask Justice Department to get Goldman Sachs to return $600 million 1MDB fees
- From missile tests to peace talks: North Korea’s sudden shift explained
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address