Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.26.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, Binance partners with the Maltese President’s Trust to launch the Blockchain Charity Foundation. BitMEX sets new daily record with over one million bitcoin traded.
Binance joins forces with Malta to form the Blockchain Charity Foundation
The Maltese President’s Trust has announced a memorandum of understanding with Binance to create the Blockchain Charity Foundation. The foundation’s mandate is to support blockchain projects with social benefit. The organization will advocate for blockchain technology that addresses issues of sustainability.
BitMEX has reported over one million bitcoin traded over the last day
BitMEX marks a new record in trading volume with one million bitcoin traded over the previous twenty-four hours. Arthur Hayes, the CEO, credited the company’s focus on scaling the trading architecture and the increasing sophistication in the market.
Venezuela is exploring a new currency to replace the Bolivar tied to the Petro
Venezuela is expected to launch the bolivar soberano next month to replace the country’s existing currency. The bolivar soberano will remove five zeros from the existing bolivar in an attempt to rein in inflation.
CFTC Chairman expresses concern that the regulator is falling behind
Chairman J.Christopher Giancarlo spoke to the House Committee on Agriculture addressing concerns that the agency is falling behind. He states that the current legal and regulatory environment does not allow the CFTC to monitor the blockchain. He advocated for a bill that would enable the regulator to accept shared data.
Around the network
- ‘Any number of catalysts could send bitcoin exploding higher,’ says blockchain venture capitalist
- Korea urgently needs crypto laws as thefts rise, regulator says
- Here’s what that start-up using blockchain to save journalism is actually doing
Through the headlines
- ECB Keeps rates unchanged amid heightened uncertainties for the global economy
- World stocks hit four-month high on EU-US trade breakthrough hopes
- Tech stocks set to fall Thursday with Facebook on track for biggest drop ever
- EU Counts its trade blessings after Juncker returns with Trump deal
- Mexico and Canada optimistic on NAFTA deal amid tariff tensions
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address