Blockchains and Bagels Daily Market Roundup – 07.13.2018
Blockchains and Bagels: the morning market update to get you ready for the day ahead. Today, The Bank of Canada publishes updated findings of the Bitcoin Omnibus Survey while Robinhood adds Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin.
Bank of Canada releases a report indicating ownership of bitcoin rose 5% in 2017
The Bank of Canada published an update to its Bitcoin Omnibus Survey for 2017. The survey was first conducted in 2016 and summarizes adoption and usage in Canada. The main reason for ownership cited from participants changed from transactional purposes to investment purposes.
Robinhood has added Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin to its offering
The company has expanded its offering beyond Bitcoin and Ether with the addition of Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin. The brokerage currently offers digital asset trading in select states as it continues to seek licensing across the United States.
Banco Santander announces a blockchain research team
The bank had dropped out of the R3 consortium in 2016 to explore blockchain technologies on their own. The company has formed a Digital Investment Banking Team that will explore the use of tokens in initial offerings.
The Shanghai stock exchange announces plans to use blockchain technology
The fourth largest stock exchange is exploring ways to use distributed ledger technology in transactions. The company believes a blockchain can improve the transparency of the securities industry.
Around the network
- New York to Crypto miners: Looking for cheap power? Let’s talk
- Wall Street-backed Blockchain company weights IPO, sale
- Kin Ecosystem Foundation Adds $3M to Kin Developer Program
Through the headlines
- New tariffs threatened by the US would be more harmful to China than the first batch, says bank CEO
- China’s trade surplus with US hits a record as exporters rush to beat tariffs
- Sterling skids as Trump says trade deal hopes are dead
- Trump and May do not address seaing interview ahead of meetings
- Russia says OPEC could boost oil supply more than pledged
Buy Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other digital currencies on Coinsquare, Canada’s most secure trading platform.
Get the latest blockchain and digital currency news from Canada and around the world, delivered each week to your inbox.
Your Email address